Home » Sports » College Sports
St. Anselm associate AD Guimont to retire
St. Anselm College Associate Director of Athletics and Senior Woman Administrator Donna Guimont will retire at the end of the academic year, college administrators announced Thursday.
Since beginning her tenure in 1976, the Manchester, native held many titles including head coach of the women's basketball (336-135 career record), volleyball and softball teams, in addition to athletic trainer, assistant director of intramural and recreational sports and equipment manager.
Guimont was a fixture on the Hilltop through four athletic directors - and seven U.S. Presidents - and held every position in the athletic department except for athletic director and sports information director.
Guimont became the first woman, first coach and first non-graduate of St. Anselm to be inducted into the college's athletics hall of fame. She has also been enshrined in the Queen City Hall of Fame, New England Basketball Hall of Fame, Northeast-10 Conference Hall of Fame and the New Hampshire Union Leader "Parade of Champions."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan