Home » Sports » College Sports
St. Anselm associate AD Guimont to retire
St. Anselm College Associate Director of Athletics and Senior Woman Administrator Donna Guimont will retire at the end of the academic year, college administrators announced Thursday.
Since beginning her tenure in 1976, the Manchester, native held many titles including head coach of the women's basketball (336-135 career record), volleyball and softball teams, in addition to athletic trainer, assistant director of intramural and recreational sports and equipment manager.
Guimont was a fixture on the Hilltop through four athletic directors - and seven U.S. Presidents - and held every position in the athletic department except for athletic director and sports information director.
Guimont became the first woman, first coach and first non-graduate of St. Anselm to be inducted into the college's athletics hall of fame. She has also been enshrined in the Queen City Hall of Fame, New England Basketball Hall of Fame, Northeast-10 Conference Hall of Fame and the New Hampshire Union Leader "Parade of Champions."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- Input sought on Keene board of ed candidates - 0
- Colorful Tradition at UNH - 0
- Media Power Youth targets preventing youth violence - 0
- Better parent-child communication is Pembroke talk topic - 0
- Rivier University in Nashua aims to transform campus with $4 million plan - 0
- Move to Concord eyed for offices of university system - 5
- Nashua in running for education grant - 0
- Teacher cuts proposed in Londonderry - 22
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 0
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list