May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Man gets 20-year term for child pornography
Nashua - A New Hampshire man who worked for a private contractor in Afghanistan has been sentenced to 20 years in federal prison after his conviction on charges of importing child pornography.
James Markwith, 31, formerly of Nashua, pleaded guilty in September to a single count of transporting and distributing a visual depiction of a minor for distribution into the United States.
Prosecutors said while Markwith was attending a job-training program for DynCorp International in Fort Worth, Texas, he became acquainted with another person and, after Markwith was transferred to Afghanistan, their conversations became sexual in nature. In April, Markwith sent the other person images of child pornography from Afghanistan.
In June, Markwith was arrested in by federal agents in Nashua.
He will serve lifetime parole once he completes the 240-month sentence.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fremont man returned to face NH charges - 0
- 4 arrested in investigation of heroin sales in Portsmouth - 0
- AG says Belmont murder victims were mother and son, found hacked to death - 2
- Ossipee man charged with stealing guns, chainsaw - 0
- Fourth person arrested in Hollis home invasion - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 3
- Police say man detained as part of investigation into death scene in Belmont - 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Will House, Senate continue the feud? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: City down to the wire on school budget, superintendent - 0
- Service planned for mother of Newtown school shooter - 0
- ENH Power parent firm accused of false advertising - 0
- Soldier from Pelham remembered for self-sacrifice - 0
- New Hampshire energy suppliers announce new alliance - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Are B's destiny's darlings? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Lackey's performance key for Sox - 0
- Bins for clothing, book donations may get identifiers of for-profit owner - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424