Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Man gets 20-year term for child pornography
Nashua - A New Hampshire man who worked for a private contractor in Afghanistan has been sentenced to 20 years in federal prison after his conviction on charges of importing child pornography.
James Markwith, 31, formerly of Nashua, pleaded guilty in September to a single count of transporting and distributing a visual depiction of a minor for distribution into the United States.
Prosecutors said while Markwith was attending a job-training program for DynCorp International in Fort Worth, Texas, he became acquainted with another person and, after Markwith was transferred to Afghanistan, their conversations became sexual in nature. In April, Markwith sent the other person images of child pornography from Afghanistan.
In June, Markwith was arrested in by federal agents in Nashua.
He will serve lifetime parole once he completes the 240-month sentence.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Manchester man tells judge pills aren’t his - 0
- Hannaford parking lot encounter involved a shotgun - 26
- Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole - 0
- Grantham man makes plea deal in wife's killing - 4
- Keene cold-case murder trial starts - 0
- Newmarket man charged with impersonating police officer on Seacoast - 1
- Londonderry man challenges search in child porn case - 0
- Accused Goffstown embezzler freed on reduced bail - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 1
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs yet to flip switch on power play - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: A.J. Pierzynski OK with Red Sox - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown cites NH as example of Obamacare 'trainwreck,' will keynote NHGOP event
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424