Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Man gets 20-year term for child pornography
Nashua - A New Hampshire man who worked for a private contractor in Afghanistan has been sentenced to 20 years in federal prison after his conviction on charges of importing child pornography.
James Markwith, 31, formerly of Nashua, pleaded guilty in September to a single count of transporting and distributing a visual depiction of a minor for distribution into the United States.
Prosecutors said while Markwith was attending a job-training program for DynCorp International in Fort Worth, Texas, he became acquainted with another person and, after Markwith was transferred to Afghanistan, their conversations became sexual in nature. In April, Markwith sent the other person images of child pornography from Afghanistan.
In June, Markwith was arrested in by federal agents in Nashua.
He will serve lifetime parole once he completes the 240-month sentence.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 0
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 0
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 0
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
- Dover man accused of robbing woman at knifepoint - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax
Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council