Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Man gets 20-year term for child pornography
Nashua - A New Hampshire man who worked for a private contractor in Afghanistan has been sentenced to 20 years in federal prison after his conviction on charges of importing child pornography.
James Markwith, 31, formerly of Nashua, pleaded guilty in September to a single count of transporting and distributing a visual depiction of a minor for distribution into the United States.
Prosecutors said while Markwith was attending a job-training program for DynCorp International in Fort Worth, Texas, he became acquainted with another person and, after Markwith was transferred to Afghanistan, their conversations became sexual in nature. In April, Markwith sent the other person images of child pornography from Afghanistan.
In June, Markwith was arrested in by federal agents in Nashua.
He will serve lifetime parole once he completes the 240-month sentence.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 6
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917