Manchester school officials cancel meeting with Hooksett peers over breach of contract claim
MANCHESTER - The Manchester Board of School Committee cancelled its scheduled meeting Friday with members of the Hooksett School Board in response to that board's filing of a breach of contract claim.
Manchester superintendent Tom Brennan sent a letter to Hooksett administrators saying the neighboring town’s decision to formally file a notice of breach left Manchester no option but to respond formally.
“We feel that a conversation at this time would be unproductive and would interfere with the formal process,” Brennan wrote.
Brennan said Manchester intends to address Hooksett’s claims after reviewing the matter with the district’s legal counsel, then give a written response disputing there is any breach of contract.
Hooksett claims that overcrowding in classrooms qualifies as a breach of contract and wants a release from the arrangement that tuitions Hooksett students to Manchester schools.
Brennan said Manchester would be willing to reschedule a joint meeting if Hooksett withdraws its notice of breach.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Syracuse, Iowa crowned top party schools - 0
- Parking fines cause disputes, raise revenues - 1
- Jon Cavaiani dies at 70; desperate stand in '71 led to Medal of Honor - 0
- Meriam Ibrahim, family welcomed as long journey ends in Manchester - 2
- Moose International files suit to claim Claremont lodge - 0
- NH man's wife flies to Rome, meets Pope Francis after giving birth on death row in Sudan - 2
- Manchester postpones Fourth of July celebration - 0
- Reports say Sudanese Christian woman released; Manchester relative hopeful - 0
- 'Cadillac' health tax costs draw big worry - 13
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Patnode poised to win NH Weekly Series crown - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 1
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 6
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 1
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Weekly brother gave police wrong name