Manchester school officials cancel meeting with Hooksett peers over breach of contract claim
MANCHESTER - The Manchester Board of School Committee cancelled its scheduled meeting Friday with members of the Hooksett School Board in response to that board's filing of a breach of contract claim.
Manchester superintendent Tom Brennan sent a letter to Hooksett administrators saying the neighboring town’s decision to formally file a notice of breach left Manchester no option but to respond formally.
“We feel that a conversation at this time would be unproductive and would interfere with the formal process,” Brennan wrote.
Brennan said Manchester intends to address Hooksett’s claims after reviewing the matter with the district’s legal counsel, then give a written response disputing there is any breach of contract.
Hooksett claims that overcrowding in classrooms qualifies as a breach of contract and wants a release from the arrangement that tuitions Hooksett students to Manchester schools.
Brennan said Manchester would be willing to reschedule a joint meeting if Hooksett withdraws its notice of breach.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Smiles say it all about Santa Fund - 0
- Dec. 29 Santa Fund donor list - 0
- Today's list of Santa Fund contributors - 0
- 'Sometimes, people hit hard times' - 0
- Santa Fund Toy Shop helps 1,185 families - 0
- Unexpected role has its challenges - 0
- Union Leader Santa Fund: Today's list of contributors - 0
- Bonneville continues support of Santa Fund - 0
- 'We do what we can to keep them happy' - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus