All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 2 views left. | Register | Sign In

Smoking materials blamed in Pittsfield fire

PITTSFIELD -- A man was transported to Concord Hospital after being burned in a second floor-bedroom Friday morning, according to Fire Chief John DeSilva.

Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded to 121 Fairview Ave. at 10:59 a.m. after a resident stopped by the station and Concord dispatchers received several calls, DeSilva said.

Because the two-story home was less than a mile from the station, firefighters responded quickly and got the fire under control by 11:23 a.m. DeSilva said the fire was contained to one bedroom.

Local crews were assisted by Pittsfield police and firefighters from Barnstead, Epsom and Gilmanton.

&#';At this point, everything is pointing to the careless disposal of smoking materials,&#'; DeSilva said.

DeSilva said the man's identity and condition were not available at this time.

He estimated the fire caused $25,000 in damage the bedroom, in addition to some smoke and water damage in the remainder of the home, which is still livable aside from the one room.


Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

More Public Safety

NH Angle - Public Safety