action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:0
All Sections
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:67
Welcome guest, you have 2 views left. | Register | Sign In

Smoking materials blamed in Pittsfield fire

PITTSFIELD -- A man was transported to Concord Hospital after being burned in a second floor-bedroom Friday morning, according to Fire Chief John DeSilva.

Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded to 121 Fairview Ave. at 10:59 a.m. after a resident stopped by the station and Concord dispatchers received several calls, DeSilva said.

Because the two-story home was less than a mile from the station, firefighters responded quickly and got the fire under control by 11:23 a.m. DeSilva said the fire was contained to one bedroom.

Local crews were assisted by Pittsfield police and firefighters from Barnstead, Epsom and Gilmanton.

&#';At this point, everything is pointing to the careless disposal of smoking materials,&#'; DeSilva said.

DeSilva said the man's identity and condition were not available at this time.

He estimated the fire caused $25,000 in damage the bedroom, in addition to some smoke and water damage in the remainder of the home, which is still livable aside from the one room.

action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:88
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:64
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:2
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:


Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

More Public Safety

NH Angle - Public Safety