Smoking materials blamed in Pittsfield fire
PITTSFIELD -- A man was transported to Concord Hospital after being burned in a second floor-bedroom Friday morning, according to Fire Chief John DeSilva.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded to 121 Fairview Ave. at 10:59 a.m. after a resident stopped by the station and Concord dispatchers received several calls, DeSilva said.
Because the two-story home was less than a mile from the station, firefighters responded quickly and got the fire under control by 11:23 a.m. DeSilva said the fire was contained to one bedroom.
Local crews were assisted by Pittsfield police and firefighters from Barnstead, Epsom and Gilmanton.
';At this point, everything is pointing to the careless disposal of smoking materials,'; DeSilva said.
DeSilva said the man's identity and condition were not available at this time.
He estimated the fire caused $25,000 in damage the bedroom, in addition to some smoke and water damage in the remainder of the home, which is still livable aside from the one room.