Home » News » Public Safety
Hooksett to announce Manchester officer as new police chief
HOOKSETT - The Hooksett Police Department has a new chief, Lt. Peter Bartlett of Manchester, the Union Leader has learned.
Bartlett will be announced at a special meeting tonight. It's expected Bartlett will be in attendance.
Manchester Police Chief David Mara said, "I think he's a great choice." He said Bartlett was well respected during his career in Manchester. "I
think he's just what Hooksett needs."
Bartlett has been with the Manchester Police Department for 21 years and has been the president of the Manchester Association of Police Supervisors. He will begin his work as Hooksett's chief on Jan. 7, 2013.
Hooksett's last police chief, Stephen Agafiotis, resigned after years of battles with town officials, including the police commission and town council.
He was put on administrative leave in September 2011 and then resigned Jan. 31, 2012.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Water main break in downtown Nashua - 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief