Home » News » Public Safety
Hooksett to announce Manchester officer as new police chief
HOOKSETT - The Hooksett Police Department has a new chief, Lt. Peter Bartlett of Manchester, the Union Leader has learned.
Bartlett will be announced at a special meeting tonight. It's expected Bartlett will be in attendance.
Manchester Police Chief David Mara said, "I think he's a great choice." He said Bartlett was well respected during his career in Manchester. "I
think he's just what Hooksett needs."
Bartlett has been with the Manchester Police Department for 21 years and has been the president of the Manchester Association of Police Supervisors. He will begin his work as Hooksett's chief on Jan. 7, 2013.
Hooksett's last police chief, Stephen Agafiotis, resigned after years of battles with town officials, including the police commission and town council.
He was put on administrative leave in September 2011 and then resigned Jan. 31, 2012.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Search for missing swimmer halted in Bristol, to continue Tuesday - 0
- UPDATED: State Police bomb squad called to Manchester West High for plastic bottles of solvent - 0
- Swanzey man pulled from fire in serious condition - 0
- Man dies in Northumberland crash - 0
- Power restored to Hooksett and Candia - 0
- Fire destroys Hanover home - 0
- Chester teen suffers serious injuries in dirt bike accident - 0
- AG continues investigation in search for missing Abby Hernandez - 0
- Pair sent to Massachusetts hospital for serious burns following grease fire in Milton home - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Warning issued to teens taking the ‘Polar Plunge’ challenge - 0
- Rochester man arrested after crash in Somersworth - 0
- Dover man accused of trying to sexually assault a girl - 0
- Top Manchester school officials no longer must live in city - 7
- Vote: ‘No nit’ policy relaxed for Manchester schools - 1
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat Hopefully, this too shall pass - 0
- Poll: More than 25% haven't heard of Northern Pass; mixed attitudes for others - 8
- Flood watch and rain follow day of near-record temperatures - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Berlin BioPower plant coming up to speed
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers