Home » News » Public Safety
Hooksett to announce Manchester officer as new police chief
HOOKSETT - The Hooksett Police Department has a new chief, Lt. Peter Bartlett of Manchester, the Union Leader has learned.
Bartlett will be announced at a special meeting tonight. It's expected Bartlett will be in attendance.
Manchester Police Chief David Mara said, "I think he's a great choice." He said Bartlett was well respected during his career in Manchester. "I
think he's just what Hooksett needs."
Bartlett has been with the Manchester Police Department for 21 years and has been the president of the Manchester Association of Police Supervisors. He will begin his work as Hooksett's chief on Jan. 7, 2013.
Hooksett's last police chief, Stephen Agafiotis, resigned after years of battles with town officials, including the police commission and town council.
He was put on administrative leave in September 2011 and then resigned Jan. 31, 2012.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- City police schedule community meeting - 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester woman suffers injuries in dragging incident - 0
- Judge orders fired Manchester officer back to jail to finish sentence - 4
- Claremont police dispatcher charged with sex assault and incest, placed on leave - 0
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges in Hollis - 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Youngsters eye NHMS - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 1
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release
Ayotte calls again for FCC reform