Home » News » Public Safety
Hooksett to announce Manchester officer as new police chief
HOOKSETT - The Hooksett Police Department has a new chief, Lt. Peter Bartlett of Manchester, the Union Leader has learned.
Bartlett will be announced at a special meeting tonight. It's expected Bartlett will be in attendance.
Manchester Police Chief David Mara said, "I think he's a great choice." He said Bartlett was well respected during his career in Manchester. "I
think he's just what Hooksett needs."
Bartlett has been with the Manchester Police Department for 21 years and has been the president of the Manchester Association of Police Supervisors. He will begin his work as Hooksett's chief on Jan. 7, 2013.
Hooksett's last police chief, Stephen Agafiotis, resigned after years of battles with town officials, including the police commission and town council.
He was put on administrative leave in September 2011 and then resigned Jan. 31, 2012.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 100
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Students being evaluated at scene of Salem bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 2
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time