Home » News » Public Safety
Hooksett to announce Manchester officer as new police chief
HOOKSETT - The Hooksett Police Department has a new chief, Lt. Peter Bartlett of Manchester, the Union Leader has learned.
Bartlett will be announced at a special meeting tonight. It's expected Bartlett will be in attendance.
Manchester Police Chief David Mara said, "I think he's a great choice." He said Bartlett was well respected during his career in Manchester. "I
think he's just what Hooksett needs."
Bartlett has been with the Manchester Police Department for 21 years and has been the president of the Manchester Association of Police Supervisors. He will begin his work as Hooksett's chief on Jan. 7, 2013.
Hooksett's last police chief, Stephen Agafiotis, resigned after years of battles with town officials, including the police commission and town council.
He was put on administrative leave in September 2011 and then resigned Jan. 31, 2012.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
- Pre-St. Pat's party at UMass turns violent, 43 arrested - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus