Home » News » Public Safety
Man killed in New Boston car crash
NEW BOSTON - One man is dead and a woman injured following a two-car accident on Route 13 just before 6 p.m. on Friday evening.
According to Sgt. Richard Widener of the New Boston Police Department, it appears that the woman, whose identity is not yet being released, was traveling north on Route 13 in a Ford Fusion when a Jeep driven by the man crossed the centerline and hit her head-on.
The man died at the scene and the woman was taken to Catholic Medical Center with what appeared to be non-life-threatening injuries. Widener said the woman's injuries were minor because the airbags in her vehicle deployed.
The identity of the man is being held pending notification of kin and the medical examiner's report. Widener said it did not appear that alcohol or excessive speed were factors in the crash.
The medical examiner will rule out if the man suffered some sort of medical event just prior to the accident, said Widener.
Route 13 was closed for close to three hours while the department's accident reconstruction team surveyed the wreckage.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
- Most property owners clear hydrants of snow - 0
- Manchester man dies after being hit by car - 0
- Family, pet cats and snake escape Nottingham fire - 0
- Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting - 0
- School bus slides off road, slams into trees in Deerfield - 0
- For Nashua student walkers, commute may soon be safer - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College Hockey: Northeastern wins in OT, forces Game 3 with UNH - 0
- NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll - 0
- Pembroke voters OK clock tower face-lift - 0
- Bath Iron Works gets nod for fifth destroyer - 0
- Groveton backs 'Plan B' for town office project - 0
- Dartmouth under fire for response to incidents of rape on campus - 0
- Obama's national security aides meet to discuss Ukraine - 0
- Radio host wants official's lawsuit dismissed - 0
- NH's representatives in Congress join opposition to painkiller Zohydro - 0
Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Online license purchases prove user unfriendly for some hunters and anglers
Auburn native believes in faith and fashion
NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll
Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season
Bath Iron Works gets nod for fifth destroyer
Charles Krauthammer: How to handle Putin
GOP panel stresses teamwork, sincerity