Home » News » Public Safety
Man killed in New Boston car crash
NEW BOSTON - One man is dead and a woman injured following a two-car accident on Route 13 just before 6 p.m. on Friday evening.
According to Sgt. Richard Widener of the New Boston Police Department, it appears that the woman, whose identity is not yet being released, was traveling north on Route 13 in a Ford Fusion when a Jeep driven by the man crossed the centerline and hit her head-on.
The man died at the scene and the woman was taken to Catholic Medical Center with what appeared to be non-life-threatening injuries. Widener said the woman's injuries were minor because the airbags in her vehicle deployed.
The identity of the man is being held pending notification of kin and the medical examiner's report. Widener said it did not appear that alcohol or excessive speed were factors in the crash.
The medical examiner will rule out if the man suffered some sort of medical event just prior to the accident, said Widener.
Route 13 was closed for close to three hours while the department's accident reconstruction team surveyed the wreckage.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 6
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 0
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 1
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 3
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 12
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 31
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
License revocations for DWI announced