Home » News » Public Safety
Man killed in New Boston car crash
NEW BOSTON - One man is dead and a woman injured following a two-car accident on Route 13 just before 6 p.m. on Friday evening.
According to Sgt. Richard Widener of the New Boston Police Department, it appears that the woman, whose identity is not yet being released, was traveling north on Route 13 in a Ford Fusion when a Jeep driven by the man crossed the centerline and hit her head-on.
The man died at the scene and the woman was taken to Catholic Medical Center with what appeared to be non-life-threatening injuries. Widener said the woman's injuries were minor because the airbags in her vehicle deployed.
The identity of the man is being held pending notification of kin and the medical examiner's report. Widener said it did not appear that alcohol or excessive speed were factors in the crash.
The medical examiner will rule out if the man suffered some sort of medical event just prior to the accident, said Widener.
Route 13 was closed for close to three hours while the department's accident reconstruction team surveyed the wreckage.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 0
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 0
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case - 1
- Man burned in North Hampton camper fire - 2
- Lost teen hikers found safe in Brookline - 0
- Manchester woman injured in fall from back of motorcycle - 0
- Motorcyclist arrested for driving up to 152 mph - 32
- One hurt, one charged in ATV accident - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Storms knock out power to about 3,600 PSNH customers - 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 0
- American Medical Response back in good graces of key Manchester officials - 0
- Lebanon’s Colette Schmidt captures N.E. girls’ golf tourney crown - 0
- Sixteen make cut at State Am qualifying - 0
- Granite Stater Matt Bonner in position for another NBA title - 0
- Clippers, Celtics resume talks on Doc, Garnett deal - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 0
Epping man’s hope for working van realized
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
Traffic stops in spotlight
One era ends, another begins at Union Leader
A Medicaid reduction? That is not likely
Study recommends Millyard parking garage