Home » News » Public Safety
Man killed in New Boston car crash
NEW BOSTON - One man is dead and a woman injured following a two-car accident on Route 13 just before 6 p.m. on Friday evening.
According to Sgt. Richard Widener of the New Boston Police Department, it appears that the woman, whose identity is not yet being released, was traveling north on Route 13 in a Ford Fusion when a Jeep driven by the man crossed the centerline and hit her head-on.
The man died at the scene and the woman was taken to Catholic Medical Center with what appeared to be non-life-threatening injuries. Widener said the woman's injuries were minor because the airbags in her vehicle deployed.
The identity of the man is being held pending notification of kin and the medical examiner's report. Widener said it did not appear that alcohol or excessive speed were factors in the crash.
The medical examiner will rule out if the man suffered some sort of medical event just prior to the accident, said Widener.
Route 13 was closed for close to three hours while the department's accident reconstruction team surveyed the wreckage.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Market Basket deal reached; Arthur T. Demoulas to return - 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Manchester men charged with drive-by shooting in Nashua - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate