Home » News » Public Safety
Man killed in New Boston car crash
NEW BOSTON - One man is dead and a woman injured following a two-car accident on Route 13 just before 6 p.m. on Friday evening.
According to Sgt. Richard Widener of the New Boston Police Department, it appears that the woman, whose identity is not yet being released, was traveling north on Route 13 in a Ford Fusion when a Jeep driven by the man crossed the centerline and hit her head-on.
The man died at the scene and the woman was taken to Catholic Medical Center with what appeared to be non-life-threatening injuries. Widener said the woman's injuries were minor because the airbags in her vehicle deployed.
The identity of the man is being held pending notification of kin and the medical examiner's report. Widener said it did not appear that alcohol or excessive speed were factors in the crash.
The medical examiner will rule out if the man suffered some sort of medical event just prior to the accident, said Widener.
Route 13 was closed for close to three hours while the department's accident reconstruction team surveyed the wreckage.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police ready to make a wardrobe change - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Derry fire displaces five - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072