Home » Sports » Football » Patriots/NFL
Tebow likely headed to Jacksonville next year
Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Belichick praises Jaguars
First, LeBron James took his talents to South Beach. Now, if reports are to be believed, Tim Tebow will be taking his talents to Florida, as well.
Only Tebow will be heading to northern Florida as a quarterback for the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2013.
According to a report on ESPN, league sources told Chris Mortensen that it's a "virtual certainty" that Tebow will be with the Jaguars next season.
How Tebow gets there is another story: he'll likely have to be either traded or released by the New York Jets, where his one season tenure appears just about over with only two games remaining. Instead of starting today's game in place of deposed starting QB Mark Sanchez, Tebow will yield to Greg McElroy as the contest's starting QB.
Tebow, who was acquired by the Jets from Denver in March, said earlier this past week that he was prepared to ask for his release from the Jets and to become an unrestricted free agent.
If Tebow indeed goes to Jacksonville, he'll reportedly have an opportunity to compete for the starting job, as Blaine Gabbert has faltered as the starting signal-caller before being relegated to injured reserve. Chad Henne replaced Gabbert, but like his predecessor, was inconsistent.
Tebow, a former Heisman Trophy winner, is reportedly held in high regard by Jaguars owner Shad Khan.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Texans tap Londonderry's Griffin in NFL Draft - 1
- Patriots make LB, WR top draft picks - 0
- Vikings make NFL Draft splash with three first-round picks, huge trade with Pats - 0
- Top pick Fisher leads linemen's march at NFL Draft - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Patience a virtue for Pats - 0
- Patriots to open, close season with Bills - 0
- Steelers match Patriots' offer, retain wide receiver Sanders - 0
- Patriots re-sign Edelman, make offer to Sanders - 0
- Patriots to play Eagles, Bucs, Lions and Giants in preseason - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 3
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 0
- Gate City Musings: Mayor just keeps on spending - 0
- Nashua set to begin budget review - 0
- Manchester 'homeless meter' program seeks to deter panhandling - 0
Volunteer drivers needed in Windham
North Country ATV trail opening on schedule
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?