Home » Sports » Football » Patriots/NFL
Tebow likely headed to Jacksonville next year
First, LeBron James took his talents to South Beach. Now, if reports are to be believed, Tim Tebow will be taking his talents to Florida, as well.
Only Tebow will be heading to northern Florida as a quarterback for the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2013.
According to a report on ESPN, league sources told Chris Mortensen that it's a "virtual certainty" that Tebow will be with the Jaguars next season.
How Tebow gets there is another story: he'll likely have to be either traded or released by the New York Jets, where his one season tenure appears just about over with only two games remaining. Instead of starting today's game in place of deposed starting QB Mark Sanchez, Tebow will yield to Greg McElroy as the contest's starting QB.
Tebow, who was acquired by the Jets from Denver in March, said earlier this past week that he was prepared to ask for his release from the Jets and to become an unrestricted free agent.
If Tebow indeed goes to Jacksonville, he'll reportedly have an opportunity to compete for the starting job, as Blaine Gabbert has faltered as the starting signal-caller before being relegated to injured reserve. Chad Henne replaced Gabbert, but like his predecessor, was inconsistent.
Tebow, a former Heisman Trophy winner, is reportedly held in high regard by Jaguars owner Shad Khan.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Inspiration personified: Plymouth State's Josh Morgan - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Rookie to the rescue - 0
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
- Celtics come up big against Nuggets - 0
- Johnson honored for sixth NASCAR title - 0
- Kilpatrick leads UNH women past Dartmouth - 0
- UNH, Dartmouth football players named All-New England - 0
- Manchester Monarchs beat Portland Pirates in shootout - 0
- Wildcats shut down Black Bears again - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 0
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 0
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 0
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
- PSNH on defense over scrubber cost 'escalation' - 0
- Feds and state probe suspended county attorney's handling of funds - 0
- Reams probe includes complaints from female employees - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
Anderson lewdness trial is delayed