Home » Sports » Football » Patriots/NFL
Tebow likely headed to Jacksonville next year
Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Belichick praises Jaguars
First, LeBron James took his talents to South Beach. Now, if reports are to be believed, Tim Tebow will be taking his talents to Florida, as well.
Only Tebow will be heading to northern Florida as a quarterback for the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2013.
According to a report on ESPN, league sources told Chris Mortensen that it's a "virtual certainty" that Tebow will be with the Jaguars next season.
How Tebow gets there is another story: he'll likely have to be either traded or released by the New York Jets, where his one season tenure appears just about over with only two games remaining. Instead of starting today's game in place of deposed starting QB Mark Sanchez, Tebow will yield to Greg McElroy as the contest's starting QB.
Tebow, who was acquired by the Jets from Denver in March, said earlier this past week that he was prepared to ask for his release from the Jets and to become an unrestricted free agent.
If Tebow indeed goes to Jacksonville, he'll reportedly have an opportunity to compete for the starting job, as Blaine Gabbert has faltered as the starting signal-caller before being relegated to injured reserve. Chad Henne replaced Gabbert, but like his predecessor, was inconsistent.
Tebow, a former Heisman Trophy winner, is reportedly held in high regard by Jaguars owner Shad Khan.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NBA Finals: Big Three power Heat to series-tying win over Spurs - 0
- Heat turn 33-5 run into Game 2 win - 0
- James' triple-double not enough as Spurs win Finals opener - 0
- Celtics' impobable rally falls short as Knicks take series - 0
- Celtics remain alive with win over Knicks - 0
- Celtics' objective against Knicks: Make it to Friday - 0
- Celtics beat Knicks in OT, force Game 5 - 0
- Knicks push Celtics to the brink - 0
- Another Celts meltdown as Knicks take command of series - 0
READER COMMENTS: 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 2
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time