NHIAA Boys' Hockey: Bow, Dover both remain unbeaten after tie
DOVER - Dover dominated early then Bow took control late, but neither team would prevail as they skated to a 2-2 tie in Division II action at Dover Arena on Saturday.
Conventional wisdom dictated one of the squads would get its first loss of the season. Instead both remain undefeated with identical marks of 3-0-1.
Joe Johnston scored for the Green Wave with 5:08 left in regulation to force the extra time and Dover goalie Luc Ravenelle made two spectacular saves in overtime to keep it a tie game. The first was when he stopped Mike Fanaras and Griffin Connor on a 2-on-1 with 4:17 left, then he stopped a breakaway by Derek Tillotson with 2:21 remaining.
Ben Henderson scored the first goal of the game when he poked home the rebound of a shot by Cam Crowley to make it 1-0 with 8:33 left in the first.
The Falcons struck back with two unanswered goals. The first came from Nate Courriveau on the power play to tie it up 1-1 with 2:44 left in the first.
Bow then took the lead on a goal by Tillotson late in the second period.
Ravenelle finished with 23 saves in net for Dover while Connor Simpson stopped 29 shots for Bow.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Since Day 1, a focus on excellence for Penmen - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Once more, with even more feeling - 0
- NH College Roundup: Dartmouth basketball team rips Maine - 0
- Dartmouth hockey team tops Harvard for first victory - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Defense drives Wildcats' bus -- all the way to Orono - 1
- Men's Hockey: DeSmith posts shutout as Wildcats sweep Colorado College - 0
- College Football: Complete victory sees UNH move on in FCS playoffs - 1
- College Sports Roundup: SNHU falls in PAL/Stovepipe hockey play - 0
- NH College Notebook: Six SNHU men's soccer players named to All-East Region team - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 0
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Fourth-graders ‘experience’ Ellis Island
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Copper stolen from old Salem school
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list