NHIAA Boys' Hockey: Bow, Dover both remain unbeaten after tie
NHIAA Boys' Hockey: Gagne backstops Goffstown win
NHIAA Sports Roundup: Londonderry skaters stun Memorial
NHIAA Summaries, Dec. 22, 2012
DOVER - Dover dominated early then Bow took control late, but neither team would prevail as they skated to a 2-2 tie in Division II action at Dover Arena on Saturday.
Conventional wisdom dictated one of the squads would get its first loss of the season. Instead both remain undefeated with identical marks of 3-0-1.
Joe Johnston scored for the Green Wave with 5:08 left in regulation to force the extra time and Dover goalie Luc Ravenelle made two spectacular saves in overtime to keep it a tie game. The first was when he stopped Mike Fanaras and Griffin Connor on a 2-on-1 with 4:17 left, then he stopped a breakaway by Derek Tillotson with 2:21 remaining.
Ben Henderson scored the first goal of the game when he poked home the rebound of a shot by Cam Crowley to make it 1-0 with 8:33 left in the first.
The Falcons struck back with two unanswered goals. The first came from Nate Courriveau on the power play to tie it up 1-1 with 2:44 left in the first.
Bow then took the lead on a goal by Tillotson late in the second period.
Ravenelle finished with 23 saves in net for Dover while Connor Simpson stopped 29 shots for Bow.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 17, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 16, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 15, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 13, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 12, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 11, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 10, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 9, 2013 - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 0
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 5
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 29
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire