NHIAA Boys' Hockey: Bow, Dover both remain unbeaten after tie
NHIAA Boys' Hockey: Gagne backstops Goffstown win
NHIAA Sports Roundup: Londonderry skaters stun Memorial
NHIAA Summaries, Dec. 22, 2012
DOVER - Dover dominated early then Bow took control late, but neither team would prevail as they skated to a 2-2 tie in Division II action at Dover Arena on Saturday.
Conventional wisdom dictated one of the squads would get its first loss of the season. Instead both remain undefeated with identical marks of 3-0-1.
Joe Johnston scored for the Green Wave with 5:08 left in regulation to force the extra time and Dover goalie Luc Ravenelle made two spectacular saves in overtime to keep it a tie game. The first was when he stopped Mike Fanaras and Griffin Connor on a 2-on-1 with 4:17 left, then he stopped a breakaway by Derek Tillotson with 2:21 remaining.
Ben Henderson scored the first goal of the game when he poked home the rebound of a shot by Cam Crowley to make it 1-0 with 8:33 left in the first.
The Falcons struck back with two unanswered goals. The first came from Nate Courriveau on the power play to tie it up 1-1 with 2:44 left in the first.
Bow then took the lead on a goal by Tillotson late in the second period.
Ravenelle finished with 23 saves in net for Dover while Connor Simpson stopped 29 shots for Bow.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Texans tap Londonderry's Griffin in NFL Draft - 1
- Patriots make LB, WR top draft picks - 0
- Vikings make NFL Draft splash with three first-round picks, huge trade with Pats - 0
- Top pick Fisher leads linemen's march at NFL Draft - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Patience a virtue for Pats - 0
- Patriots to open, close season with Bills - 0
- Steelers match Patriots' offer, retain wide receiver Sanders - 0
- Patriots re-sign Edelman, make offer to Sanders - 0
- Patriots to play Eagles, Bucs, Lions and Giants in preseason - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 3
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 0
- Gate City Musings: Mayor just keeps on spending - 0
- Nashua set to begin budget review - 0
- Manchester 'homeless meter' program seeks to deter panhandling - 0
Volunteer drivers needed in Windham
North Country ATV trail opening on schedule
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?