NHIAA Boys' Hockey: Bow, Dover both remain unbeaten after tie
DOVER - Dover dominated early then Bow took control late, but neither team would prevail as they skated to a 2-2 tie in Division II action at Dover Arena on Saturday.
Conventional wisdom dictated one of the squads would get its first loss of the season. Instead both remain undefeated with identical marks of 3-0-1.
Joe Johnston scored for the Green Wave with 5:08 left in regulation to force the extra time and Dover goalie Luc Ravenelle made two spectacular saves in overtime to keep it a tie game. The first was when he stopped Mike Fanaras and Griffin Connor on a 2-on-1 with 4:17 left, then he stopped a breakaway by Derek Tillotson with 2:21 remaining.
Ben Henderson scored the first goal of the game when he poked home the rebound of a shot by Cam Crowley to make it 1-0 with 8:33 left in the first.
The Falcons struck back with two unanswered goals. The first came from Nate Courriveau on the power play to tie it up 1-1 with 2:44 left in the first.
Bow then took the lead on a goal by Tillotson late in the second period.
Ravenelle finished with 23 saves in net for Dover while Connor Simpson stopped 29 shots for Bow.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Belichick’s magic act worthy of honor - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Dolphins seeking AFC wild card - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: The book on Bennett - 1
- NHIAA wrestling at Manchester - 0
- Sullinger has figured out NBA schedule maker - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Inspiration personified: Plymouth State's Josh Morgan - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 0
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 0
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings