NHIAA Boys' Hockey: Bow, Dover both remain unbeaten after tie
NHIAA Boys' Hockey: Gagne backstops Goffstown win
NHIAA Sports Roundup: Londonderry skaters stun Memorial
NHIAA Summaries, Dec. 22, 2012
DOVER - Dover dominated early then Bow took control late, but neither team would prevail as they skated to a 2-2 tie in Division II action at Dover Arena on Saturday.
Conventional wisdom dictated one of the squads would get its first loss of the season. Instead both remain undefeated with identical marks of 3-0-1.
Joe Johnston scored for the Green Wave with 5:08 left in regulation to force the extra time and Dover goalie Luc Ravenelle made two spectacular saves in overtime to keep it a tie game. The first was when he stopped Mike Fanaras and Griffin Connor on a 2-on-1 with 4:17 left, then he stopped a breakaway by Derek Tillotson with 2:21 remaining.
Ben Henderson scored the first goal of the game when he poked home the rebound of a shot by Cam Crowley to make it 1-0 with 8:33 left in the first.
The Falcons struck back with two unanswered goals. The first came from Nate Courriveau on the power play to tie it up 1-1 with 2:44 left in the first.
Bow then took the lead on a goal by Tillotson late in the second period.
Ravenelle finished with 23 saves in net for Dover while Connor Simpson stopped 29 shots for Bow.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fisher Cats score in 9th to win - 0
- Former NASCAR driver Trickle dead in apparent suicide - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 14, 2013 - 0
- Manchester's Gill Stadium nearing centenial rededication, still going strong - 0
- Red Sox lose to Rangers - 0
- Glenn, Nolan power Fisher Cats to win - 0
- All done: Monarchs elminated from AHL playoffs three games to one - 0
- NH College Roundup: Evans in Pats' rookie camp - 0
- Derryfield defeats Central girls in lacrosse - 0
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Threats at Goffstown High ‘not credible’ - 0
- Car may have started itself, crashes at Manchester Home Depot - 4
- House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs over an ounce - 8
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 8
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 3
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs