Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: Dartmouth men, UNH women cagers lose
Dartmouth freshman Connor Boehm poured in 24 points and grabbed nine rebounds, but host Bryant didn't miss much of anything in the second half and defeated the Big Green, 79-66, in men's basketball action in Smithfield, R.I., Saturday.
The Bulldogs (6-4) hit 17-of-23 (.739) of their field goals and 19-of-20 (.950) free throws after halftime to break open a game that was tied early in the second half. The loss dropped Dartmouth to 2-8.
Boehm finished shooting 11-of-16 with a triple and a free throw, and fellow freshman Alex Mitola dropped in 15 points (three three-pointers) while handing out five assists.
The Big Green's leading scorer, Gabas Maldunas, was held scoreless in 19 minutes of action.
Five Bulldogs scored in double figures, led by Frankie Dobbs with 19.
Trailing 25-23 at the intermission, Boehm tied the game three different times in the early minutes of the second half, the last knotting the score at 31-31. But Bryant scored the next 13 points and maintained a double-digit lead the rest of the way.
Boehm scored 10 of the Big Green's first 12 points in the second half.
Bryant led 20-9 in the first half before Dartmouth hit its final five shots to close the half at 25-23.
Cleveland State 58, New Hampshire 47: At Cleveland, the Wildcats slipped to 5-6 despite Cari Reed's third double-double of the season. Reed finished with 12 points and 10 rebounds, and she also managed four blocks and four assists.
Nashua's Kelsey Hogan scored 10 points, four assists and three rebounds for UNH.
The Vikings were led by Shalonda Winton (22 points, nine rebounds, three steals, two blocks).
CSU, which won its sixth consecutive game to improve to 7-4, burst to a 9-2 lead and the Wildcats were unable to pull even the rest of the way.
Trailing 26-18, New Hampshire opened the second with an 11-5 spurt to close within 31-29, and later trailed 42-40 following a Hogan three-pointer with 6:09 to play.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 17, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 16, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 15, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 13, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 12, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 11, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 10, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 9, 2013 - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 0
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 5
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 29
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire