Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: Dartmouth men, UNH women cagers lose
Dartmouth freshman Connor Boehm poured in 24 points and grabbed nine rebounds, but host Bryant didn't miss much of anything in the second half and defeated the Big Green, 79-66, in men's basketball action in Smithfield, R.I., Saturday.
The Bulldogs (6-4) hit 17-of-23 (.739) of their field goals and 19-of-20 (.950) free throws after halftime to break open a game that was tied early in the second half. The loss dropped Dartmouth to 2-8.
Boehm finished shooting 11-of-16 with a triple and a free throw, and fellow freshman Alex Mitola dropped in 15 points (three three-pointers) while handing out five assists.
The Big Green's leading scorer, Gabas Maldunas, was held scoreless in 19 minutes of action.
Five Bulldogs scored in double figures, led by Frankie Dobbs with 19.
Trailing 25-23 at the intermission, Boehm tied the game three different times in the early minutes of the second half, the last knotting the score at 31-31. But Bryant scored the next 13 points and maintained a double-digit lead the rest of the way.
Boehm scored 10 of the Big Green's first 12 points in the second half.
Bryant led 20-9 in the first half before Dartmouth hit its final five shots to close the half at 25-23.
Cleveland State 58, New Hampshire 47: At Cleveland, the Wildcats slipped to 5-6 despite Cari Reed's third double-double of the season. Reed finished with 12 points and 10 rebounds, and she also managed four blocks and four assists.
Nashua's Kelsey Hogan scored 10 points, four assists and three rebounds for UNH.
The Vikings were led by Shalonda Winton (22 points, nine rebounds, three steals, two blocks).
CSU, which won its sixth consecutive game to improve to 7-4, burst to a 9-2 lead and the Wildcats were unable to pull even the rest of the way.
Trailing 26-18, New Hampshire opened the second with an 11-5 spurt to close within 31-29, and later trailed 42-40 following a Hogan three-pointer with 6:09 to play.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- AL East looks loaded again in 2014 - 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Belichick’s magic act worthy of honor - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Dolphins seeking AFC wild card - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: The book on Bennett - 1
- NHIAA wrestling at Manchester - 0
- Sullinger has figured out NBA schedule maker - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
- Belmont makes deal to sell Winnisquam fire station for $240,000 - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos