June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Man held on $100K cash bail for 2 sexual assaults, stolen property
NASHUA – A local man was arrested and charged with two counts of sexually assaulting two different women and stealing items from the second woman.
James Hewes, 57, of 4 ½ Ridge St., was arrested Sunday Dec. 23 and charged with two counts of aggravated felonious sexual assault, and one count of unauthorized taking or transfer. Each of the felonies carries a term up to 20 years in prison. The theft charge carries a jail term up to one year in prison.
Police were investigating a report of sexual assault on Dec. 23 that had occurred in December of 2011. During the investigation, a second victim was located who had also been sexually assaulted during the past few weeks, police said. It was discovered that Hewes had also taken property belonging to the second victim – a misdemeanor charge.
A police press release stated that Hewes and the victims are all known to each other.
He is being held on $100,000 cash bail, pending arraignment at the 9th Circuit Nashua District Division Court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 0
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 22
- Hooksett mother arrested for making repeated 911 calls, police say - 2
- Plea expected from woman who allegedly stole from elderly couple - 1
- Judge cancels the scheduled rape trial of a Raymond man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Storms knock out power to about 3,600 PSNH customers - 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 0
- American Medical Response back in good graces of key Manchester officials - 0
- Lebanon’s Colette Schmidt captures N.E. girls’ golf tourney crown - 0
- Sixteen make cut at State Am qualifying - 0
- Granite Stater Matt Bonner in position for another NBA title - 0
- Clippers, Celtics resume talks on Doc, Garnett deal - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 0
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
Epping man’s hope for working van realized
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Traffic stops in spotlight
One era ends, another begins at Union Leader
A Medicaid reduction? That is not likely
Study recommends Millyard parking garage
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424