Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Portsmouth woman charged in connection to missing UNH student
DOVER - A second person has been arrested in connection with the disappearance and death of University of New Hampshire sophomore Elizabeth "Lizzi" Marriott, 19.
On Monday, New Hampshire Attorney General Michael A. Delaney announced the arrest of Kathryn McDonough, 19, of Portsmouth, on felony charges of hindering apprehension or prosecution and conspiracy to commit hindering apprehension or prosecution.
Police arrested Seth Mazzaglia, 29, of Dover in October and charged him with second-degree murder for allegedly strangling and/or suffocating Marriott in his Mill Street apartment.
Sources have confirmed to the New Hampshire Union Leader that McDonough was Mazzaglia's live-in girlfriend at the time of the alleged murder.
"Credible information" led police to the waters around Peirce Island in Portsmouth to search for Marriott's body in the days, weeks and months since her alleged murder, but her body has not been found.
Friends told the Union Leader previously that Marriott was on her way to visit a friend in Dover on Oct. 9, the night police believe Mazzaglia killed her. Marriott had met the friend, believed to be McDonough, while working at the Target store in Greenland.
Both Mazzaglia and McDonough were active in local theater organizations, including the Garrison Players in Dover, according to information on the organization's website.
McDonough is scheduled to be arraigned on the felony charges in Derry District Court on Dec. 26.
Documents related to Mazzaglia's arrest have been kept under seal pending an indictment against him. He is currently being held without bail.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Delayed sexual assault trial to start today - 0
- Manchester man charged in series of store robberies - 0
- Fugitive convicted of stabbing Manchester man in heart in ’96 - 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 8
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 17
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 5
- Pelham had employed finance head charged with embezzlement - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424