Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Portsmouth woman charged in connection to missing UNH student
DOVER - A second person has been arrested in connection with the disappearance and death of University of New Hampshire sophomore Elizabeth "Lizzi" Marriott, 19.
On Monday, New Hampshire Attorney General Michael A. Delaney announced the arrest of Kathryn McDonough, 19, of Portsmouth, on felony charges of hindering apprehension or prosecution and conspiracy to commit hindering apprehension or prosecution.
Police arrested Seth Mazzaglia, 29, of Dover in October and charged him with second-degree murder for allegedly strangling and/or suffocating Marriott in his Mill Street apartment.
Sources have confirmed to the New Hampshire Union Leader that McDonough was Mazzaglia's live-in girlfriend at the time of the alleged murder.
"Credible information" led police to the waters around Peirce Island in Portsmouth to search for Marriott's body in the days, weeks and months since her alleged murder, but her body has not been found.
Friends told the Union Leader previously that Marriott was on her way to visit a friend in Dover on Oct. 9, the night police believe Mazzaglia killed her. Marriott had met the friend, believed to be McDonough, while working at the Target store in Greenland.
Both Mazzaglia and McDonough were active in local theater organizations, including the Garrison Players in Dover, according to information on the organization's website.
McDonough is scheduled to be arraigned on the felony charges in Derry District Court on Dec. 26.
Documents related to Mazzaglia's arrest have been kept under seal pending an indictment against him. He is currently being held without bail.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 0
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 0
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 0
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
- Dover man accused of robbing woman at knifepoint - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth, PSU hit road for tourneys - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax
Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council