Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Portsmouth woman charged in connection to missing UNH student
DOVER - A second person has been arrested in connection with the disappearance and death of University of New Hampshire sophomore Elizabeth "Lizzi" Marriott, 19.
On Monday, New Hampshire Attorney General Michael A. Delaney announced the arrest of Kathryn McDonough, 19, of Portsmouth, on felony charges of hindering apprehension or prosecution and conspiracy to commit hindering apprehension or prosecution.
Police arrested Seth Mazzaglia, 29, of Dover in October and charged him with second-degree murder for allegedly strangling and/or suffocating Marriott in his Mill Street apartment.
Sources have confirmed to the New Hampshire Union Leader that McDonough was Mazzaglia's live-in girlfriend at the time of the alleged murder.
"Credible information" led police to the waters around Peirce Island in Portsmouth to search for Marriott's body in the days, weeks and months since her alleged murder, but her body has not been found.
Friends told the Union Leader previously that Marriott was on her way to visit a friend in Dover on Oct. 9, the night police believe Mazzaglia killed her. Marriott had met the friend, believed to be McDonough, while working at the Target store in Greenland.
Both Mazzaglia and McDonough were active in local theater organizations, including the Garrison Players in Dover, according to information on the organization's website.
McDonough is scheduled to be arraigned on the felony charges in Derry District Court on Dec. 26.
Documents related to Mazzaglia's arrest have been kept under seal pending an indictment against him. He is currently being held without bail.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Exeter police say man briefly suffocated 3-year-old girl - 0
- Police say Raymond man hit friend who tried to stop him from driving drunk - 0
- Affidavit: Driver accused in fatal Nashua hit and run had been drinking - 3
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 1
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 6
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 2
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Comcast-Time Warner Cable deal would create formidable giant - 0
- NH College Notebook: Rye's Drummond sets Smith College scoring mark - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Boston among worst cities for gridlock - 0
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?
George Will: The face of IRS behavior
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact