Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Portsmouth woman charged in connection to missing UNH student
DOVER - A second person has been arrested in connection with the disappearance and death of University of New Hampshire sophomore Elizabeth "Lizzi" Marriott, 19.
On Monday, New Hampshire Attorney General Michael A. Delaney announced the arrest of Kathryn McDonough, 19, of Portsmouth, on felony charges of hindering apprehension or prosecution and conspiracy to commit hindering apprehension or prosecution.
Police arrested Seth Mazzaglia, 29, of Dover in October and charged him with second-degree murder for allegedly strangling and/or suffocating Marriott in his Mill Street apartment.
Sources have confirmed to the New Hampshire Union Leader that McDonough was Mazzaglia's live-in girlfriend at the time of the alleged murder.
"Credible information" led police to the waters around Peirce Island in Portsmouth to search for Marriott's body in the days, weeks and months since her alleged murder, but her body has not been found.
Friends told the Union Leader previously that Marriott was on her way to visit a friend in Dover on Oct. 9, the night police believe Mazzaglia killed her. Marriott had met the friend, believed to be McDonough, while working at the Target store in Greenland.
Both Mazzaglia and McDonough were active in local theater organizations, including the Garrison Players in Dover, according to information on the organization's website.
McDonough is scheduled to be arraigned on the felony charges in Derry District Court on Dec. 26.
Documents related to Mazzaglia's arrest have been kept under seal pending an indictment against him. He is currently being held without bail.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424