Fund created to assist with funeral expenses for young Londonderry fire victim
LONDONDERRY - A memorial fund has been set up to assist with funeral expenses for the toddler who died from injuries received during last week's fire at Whispering Pines mobile home park.
Garrett Brycen Grice, 17 months old, died of smoke inhalation last Thursday following an accidental fire that destroyed his family's 17 Norwich Place home.
An unattended cooking fire was determined to be the cause.
Garrett is survived by his mother, Jennell Shields; father, Kevin Grice; and siblings Kevin Jr., William and Jayson.
Family members described the toddler as a happy child who was often smiling and enjoyed playing with his brothers.
Donations to the Garrett Grice Memorial Fund can be made at any local Citizens Bank branch.
Private memorial services will be held at a later date.