Men's Over 40 Hockey League
Dave Jack and Roger Lajeunesse each netted a pair of goals to lead Phaneuf Funeral Homes and Crematorium 7-4 over Billy's Sports Bar and Grill in Manchester's 40-plus hockey league in the first of two games last week.
Kevin Lewis, Dave Beliveau, and Mike Van Uden added the other three, with Van Uden chipping in two assists. Scott Green turned aside 34 shots for Phaneuf (6-2).
John Cail, Ken Proulx, Al Choinard, and Kevin Ahern each scored for Billy's (2-5-1), while Gerry Bergeron made 24 saves.
In the second game, Complete Team Outfitters.com defeated LeClerc State Farm Insurance 7-5 behind captain Eric Grant's two goals and an assist. Bruce Belanger, Jeff Smith, Dave L'Heureux, Guy Montminy and Darren Blais each had solo tallies for Complete Team (5-3-3). For LeClerc (4-4), Steve Smith led the way with a hat trick, while Mike Gamache and Jeff Champagne also scored. Sean Sullivan earned the win for CTO, making 26 saves, while Rocky Desrosiers had 30 for LeClerc.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Last-minute lobbying frantic as House prepares for casino vote - 1
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 3
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 1
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 11
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840