Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Deputy recovering from self-inflicted gunshot wound
FREEDOM — A Carroll County sheriff’s deputy shot himself in the leg Monday night while at the scene of a shooting on Huckins Road, state police said.
The deputy "suffered an injury to his lower leg and foot when his weapon unintentionally discharged at the scene," police said in a release. The deputy was taken to Huggins Hospital in Wolfeboro and is expected to make a full recovery, the release said.
The deputy, along with officers from state police and the Madison and Ossipee police departments, were investigating a shooting in which a man suffered a gunshot wound to his leg about 8:10 p.m. Monday. That man was taken to Memorial Hospital in North Conway, where he was treated for his injury and released, police said.
Joseph Wright, 38, of Parsonsfield, Maine, was charged with falsifying physical evidence, hindering apprehension and resisting arrest. Police said Wright “had been present during the alleged shooting.”
State police and the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department refused Tuesday to provide the deputy’s name or any other information, including the name of the other man who was shot, beyond what was detailed in a press release.
Police are searching for a white man and white woman they said were at the scene of the shooting. Anyone with information is asked to call state police at 223-8838.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424