Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Deputy recovering from self-inflicted gunshot wound
FREEDOM — A Carroll County sheriff’s deputy shot himself in the leg Monday night while at the scene of a shooting on Huckins Road, state police said.
The deputy "suffered an injury to his lower leg and foot when his weapon unintentionally discharged at the scene," police said in a release. The deputy was taken to Huggins Hospital in Wolfeboro and is expected to make a full recovery, the release said.
The deputy, along with officers from state police and the Madison and Ossipee police departments, were investigating a shooting in which a man suffered a gunshot wound to his leg about 8:10 p.m. Monday. That man was taken to Memorial Hospital in North Conway, where he was treated for his injury and released, police said.
Joseph Wright, 38, of Parsonsfield, Maine, was charged with falsifying physical evidence, hindering apprehension and resisting arrest. Police said Wright “had been present during the alleged shooting.”
State police and the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department refused Tuesday to provide the deputy’s name or any other information, including the name of the other man who was shot, beyond what was detailed in a press release.
Police are searching for a white man and white woman they said were at the scene of the shooting. Anyone with information is asked to call state police at 223-8838.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: City man accused of menacing woman, assaulting teen - 0
- Dover man sought in Rochester shooting - 1
- Convicted sex offender faces porn charges - 1
- Lawyer takes stand in his own defense at sex assault trial - 0
- Supporters are now 'Abby Strong' - 2
- Judge orders Rolfe to spend 5 years in state hospital - 0
- Trial involving former Derry town administrator delayed - 0
- Months later, cause of Canterbury logger's death remains a mystery - 0
- Derry woman arrested after police pursuit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pembroke couple recovering from injuries in Dixville ATV crash - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Physical Browner brings it - 0
- Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse - 5
- City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us - 1
- Punch line: The NFL blows it - 1
- George Will: A conservative internationalism - 0
- Sox Beat: Red Sox haven't made a deal for Lester — yet - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: The Democrats' cynical impeachment play - 0
- Drew Cline: Home is where the really competent governing is done - 1
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us
Punch line: The NFL blows it
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917