Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Deputy recovering from self-inflicted gunshot wound
FREEDOM — A Carroll County sheriff’s deputy shot himself in the leg Monday night while at the scene of a shooting on Huckins Road, state police said.
The deputy "suffered an injury to his lower leg and foot when his weapon unintentionally discharged at the scene," police said in a release. The deputy was taken to Huggins Hospital in Wolfeboro and is expected to make a full recovery, the release said.
The deputy, along with officers from state police and the Madison and Ossipee police departments, were investigating a shooting in which a man suffered a gunshot wound to his leg about 8:10 p.m. Monday. That man was taken to Memorial Hospital in North Conway, where he was treated for his injury and released, police said.
Joseph Wright, 38, of Parsonsfield, Maine, was charged with falsifying physical evidence, hindering apprehension and resisting arrest. Police said Wright “had been present during the alleged shooting.”
State police and the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department refused Tuesday to provide the deputy’s name or any other information, including the name of the other man who was shot, beyond what was detailed in a press release.
Police are searching for a white man and white woman they said were at the scene of the shooting. Anyone with information is asked to call state police at 223-8838.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Driver was trying to kill himself
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424