Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua fire in apartment hallway considered arson
NASHUA - A pile of debris that was set on fire in the hallway of an apartment building at 23 Temple St., early Christmas morning is considered an arson attempt and is under investigation by the city's fire and police department, according to officials.
Deputy Fire Chief Michael O'Brien Sr., said the fire at the four-story brick building, a former YMCA building, was under control in minutes as residents began to extinguish the fire before two engine companies and a ladder truck arrived on scene.
"We consider this to be quite serious," O'Brien said. "The building was occupied and the residents were sleeping," he said. "The alarms worked and awoke the residents. We consider this an arson attempt. It could not have been good."
No one was injured and O'Brien deemed damage to the building as minor.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 2
- Nashua parents: Clean up the sidewalks for students' safety - 0
- Manchester police car in collision at Union and Hayward streets - 0
- Northwood fire prompts firefighters to urge residents to clean chimneys - 0
- Rochester pedestrian, 18, struck, suffers minor injuries - 0
- Haverhill man receives call every homeowner dreads - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua mayor says finance committee lacked authority to table buying dump trucks - 0
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 2
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief