Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua fire in apartment hallway considered arson
NASHUA - A pile of debris that was set on fire in the hallway of an apartment building at 23 Temple St., early Christmas morning is considered an arson attempt and is under investigation by the city's fire and police department, according to officials.
Deputy Fire Chief Michael O'Brien Sr., said the fire at the four-story brick building, a former YMCA building, was under control in minutes as residents began to extinguish the fire before two engine companies and a ladder truck arrived on scene.
"We consider this to be quite serious," O'Brien said. "The building was occupied and the residents were sleeping," he said. "The alarms worked and awoke the residents. We consider this an arson attempt. It could not have been good."
No one was injured and O'Brien deemed damage to the building as minor.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
- One-alarm fire kept to chimney area of Bridgewater home - 0
- Nashua woman hurt in Pelham crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 3
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
- Memorial hockey shuts out Trinity - 0
- Dover's Parratto a national champion - 0
- UNH defense comes up big against Redbirds - 0
- St. Anselm men knock off Post - 0
- Leadership, defense made Katie Bishop, of Conway, an All-American - 0
- Jet menace faltered under Rex - 0
A new era for Nashua's police force
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
UNH loses to Illinois State