Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua fire in apartment hallway considered arson
NASHUA - A pile of debris that was set on fire in the hallway of an apartment building at 23 Temple St., early Christmas morning is considered an arson attempt and is under investigation by the city's fire and police department, according to officials.
Deputy Fire Chief Michael O'Brien Sr., said the fire at the four-story brick building, a former YMCA building, was under control in minutes as residents began to extinguish the fire before two engine companies and a ladder truck arrived on scene.
"We consider this to be quite serious," O'Brien said. "The building was occupied and the residents were sleeping," he said. "The alarms worked and awoke the residents. We consider this an arson attempt. It could not have been good."
No one was injured and O'Brien deemed damage to the building as minor.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Child Advocacy Centers offer safe place for abused to begin healing - 0
- Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire - 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Hurricane' Carter succumbs to cancer - 0
- Kuchar holes bunker shot on 18 to win RBC Heritage - 0
- 'Determined' Bruins even series - 0
- Fire destroys historic Claremont convent - 0
- Salem man faces DWI charge after Manchester crash - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'