Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua fire in apartment hallway considered arson
NASHUA - A pile of debris that was set on fire in the hallway of an apartment building at 23 Temple St., early Christmas morning is considered an arson attempt and is under investigation by the city's fire and police department, according to officials.
Deputy Fire Chief Michael O'Brien Sr., said the fire at the four-story brick building, a former YMCA building, was under control in minutes as residents began to extinguish the fire before two engine companies and a ladder truck arrived on scene.
"We consider this to be quite serious," O'Brien said. "The building was occupied and the residents were sleeping," he said. "The alarms worked and awoke the residents. We consider this an arson attempt. It could not have been good."
No one was injured and O'Brien deemed damage to the building as minor.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 9
- Dozens of ill Keith Urban fans treated at concert near Boston - 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 2
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 5
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 3
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Taxation without representation again? - 1
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 3
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 2
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 3
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
Market Basket community waits and watches
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Punch line: The NFL blows it
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting