Home » News » Public Safety
Hampton man killed in tree-cutting accident in Haverhill, Mass.
HAVERILL, Mass. — A New Hampshire man died on Christmas Eve in a tree-cutting accident in Massachusetts, according to the Essex County District Attorney's Office.
The 32-year-old man from Hampton, N.H., was part of a crew removing a tree from a home at 133 North Ave. in Haverill, said Carrie Kimball Monahan, spokeswoman for the district attorney's office.
He was tied off on a limb that snapped off the tree, she said. He fell to the ground and the limb landed on top of him.'
“It was quite large,” Monahan said of the limb.
The man was taken to Lawrence General Hospital, where he was pronounced dead, she said.
Monahan said authorities are not releasing the man's name. She said family has been notified, but his name is still being withheld for “privacy” reasons.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police ready to make a wardrobe change - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Derry fire displaces five - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072