Home » News » Public Safety
Hampton man killed in tree-cutting accident in Haverhill, Mass.
HAVERILL, Mass. — A New Hampshire man died on Christmas Eve in a tree-cutting accident in Massachusetts, according to the Essex County District Attorney's Office.
The 32-year-old man from Hampton, N.H., was part of a crew removing a tree from a home at 133 North Ave. in Haverill, said Carrie Kimball Monahan, spokeswoman for the district attorney's office.
He was tied off on a limb that snapped off the tree, she said. He fell to the ground and the limb landed on top of him.'
“It was quite large,” Monahan said of the limb.
The man was taken to Lawrence General Hospital, where he was pronounced dead, she said.
Monahan said authorities are not releasing the man's name. She said family has been notified, but his name is still being withheld for “privacy” reasons.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 1
- Death investigation under way in Manchester, no foul play suspected - 3
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 1
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 13
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time