Home » News » Public Safety
Hampton man killed in tree-cutting accident in Haverhill, Mass.
HAVERILL, Mass. — A New Hampshire man died on Christmas Eve in a tree-cutting accident in Massachusetts, according to the Essex County District Attorney's Office.
The 32-year-old man from Hampton, N.H., was part of a crew removing a tree from a home at 133 North Ave. in Haverill, said Carrie Kimball Monahan, spokeswoman for the district attorney's office.
He was tied off on a limb that snapped off the tree, she said. He fell to the ground and the limb landed on top of him.'
“It was quite large,” Monahan said of the limb.
The man was taken to Lawrence General Hospital, where he was pronounced dead, she said.
Monahan said authorities are not releasing the man's name. She said family has been notified, but his name is still being withheld for “privacy” reasons.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
- Epsom trucker, 65, killed in I-93 crash in Salem - 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 0
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Tough task for NH budget writers
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Paul, Christie share lead in primary poll