Home » News » Public Safety
Hampton man killed in tree-cutting accident in Haverhill, Mass.
HAVERILL, Mass. — A New Hampshire man died on Christmas Eve in a tree-cutting accident in Massachusetts, according to the Essex County District Attorney's Office.
The 32-year-old man from Hampton, N.H., was part of a crew removing a tree from a home at 133 North Ave. in Haverill, said Carrie Kimball Monahan, spokeswoman for the district attorney's office.
He was tied off on a limb that snapped off the tree, she said. He fell to the ground and the limb landed on top of him.'
“It was quite large,” Monahan said of the limb.
The man was taken to Lawrence General Hospital, where he was pronounced dead, she said.
Monahan said authorities are not releasing the man's name. She said family has been notified, but his name is still being withheld for “privacy” reasons.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Keene boy hit by truck remains hospitalized - 0
- Manchester man injured in Ohio helicopter crash - 0
- BAE worker suffers electrical shock, injuries not life-threatening - 1
- Tubers lose contact with group, spend night in wooded area - 1
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 9
- Dozens of ill Keith Urban fans treated at concert near Boston - 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 2
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 5
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester woman accidentally rolls car into Candia pond - 0
- Portsmouth Herald sports editor accused of possessing child porn - 0
- Havenstein says he has always opposed Obamacare, though company he led was paid to implement parts of it - 1
- Some sex assault charges dismissed against former Nashua coach - 0
- Jury deliberating in Plaistow lawyer’s sex assault trial - 0
- Meriam Ibrahim, Sudanese family arriving in Manchester tonight - 1
- Patriots Notebook: Physical Browner brings it - 0
- Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse - 6
- City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us - 4
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us
Punch line: The NFL blows it