Home » News » Public Safety
Injured Carroll County deputy identfied
FREEDOM - A Carroll County Sheriff official said the deputy who accidentally shot himself Monday night is recovering from surgery at a Boston hospital.
Stephen Rowe, who has been a full-time Carroll County Sheriff deputy for about a year, remained at Massachusetts General Hospital Wednesday with non-life threatening injuries, said Lt. Michael Santuccio.
New Hampshire State Police are investigating Rowe's injury as well as a related gunshot injury at a Huckins Road in Freedom location Monday night.
Rowe “suffered an injury to his lower leg and foot when his weapon unintentionally discharged at the scene,” State Police said in a release issued Tuesday morning.
Rowe and officers with state police, Madison and Ossipee police departments were investigating a gunshot wound to another man's leg about 8:10 p.m. Monday.
Joseph Wright, 38, of Parsonsfield, Maine, was charged with falsifying physical evidence, hindering apprehension and resisting arrest. Police said Wright “had been present during the alleged shooting.”
State police have not released the name of the other shooting victim, and Santuccio directed questions about the investigation to State Police.
State Police are searching for a white man and white woman they said were at the scene of the shooting. Anyone with information is asked to call State Police at 223-8838.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 3
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
- Fire destroys South Hampton barn - 0
- Police investigating why Maine woman died in Somersworth apartment - 0
- Body found floating in Portsmouth - 0
- Spofford crash seriously injures two - 0
- Fire destroys barn in South Hampton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 4
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072