Home » News » Public Safety
Injured Carroll County deputy identfied
FREEDOM - A Carroll County Sheriff official said the deputy who accidentally shot himself Monday night is recovering from surgery at a Boston hospital.
Stephen Rowe, who has been a full-time Carroll County Sheriff deputy for about a year, remained at Massachusetts General Hospital Wednesday with non-life threatening injuries, said Lt. Michael Santuccio.
New Hampshire State Police are investigating Rowe's injury as well as a related gunshot injury at a Huckins Road in Freedom location Monday night.
Rowe “suffered an injury to his lower leg and foot when his weapon unintentionally discharged at the scene,” State Police said in a release issued Tuesday morning.
Rowe and officers with state police, Madison and Ossipee police departments were investigating a gunshot wound to another man's leg about 8:10 p.m. Monday.
Joseph Wright, 38, of Parsonsfield, Maine, was charged with falsifying physical evidence, hindering apprehension and resisting arrest. Police said Wright “had been present during the alleged shooting.”
State police have not released the name of the other shooting victim, and Santuccio directed questions about the investigation to State Police.
State Police are searching for a white man and white woman they said were at the scene of the shooting. Anyone with information is asked to call State Police at 223-8838.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads