Home » News » Public Safety
Injured Carroll County deputy identfied
FREEDOM - A Carroll County Sheriff official said the deputy who accidentally shot himself Monday night is recovering from surgery at a Boston hospital.
Stephen Rowe, who has been a full-time Carroll County Sheriff deputy for about a year, remained at Massachusetts General Hospital Wednesday with non-life threatening injuries, said Lt. Michael Santuccio.
New Hampshire State Police are investigating Rowe's injury as well as a related gunshot injury at a Huckins Road in Freedom location Monday night.
Rowe “suffered an injury to his lower leg and foot when his weapon unintentionally discharged at the scene,” State Police said in a release issued Tuesday morning.
Rowe and officers with state police, Madison and Ossipee police departments were investigating a gunshot wound to another man's leg about 8:10 p.m. Monday.
Joseph Wright, 38, of Parsonsfield, Maine, was charged with falsifying physical evidence, hindering apprehension and resisting arrest. Police said Wright “had been present during the alleged shooting.”
State police have not released the name of the other shooting victim, and Santuccio directed questions about the investigation to State Police.
State Police are searching for a white man and white woman they said were at the scene of the shooting. Anyone with information is asked to call State Police at 223-8838.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hollis voters set to gather for annual Town Meeting Wednesday - 0
- Turnout light in Derry as of early afternoon - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon' - 3
- Sheriff, chief question Shaheen’s recent vote on controversial Obama nominee - 0
- Low turnout seen in early Lakes Region polling - 0
- Goffstown residents slow to vote so far - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Milton residents considering big issues at the polls Tuesday - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus