Home » News » Public Safety
Injured Carroll County deputy identfied
FREEDOM - A Carroll County Sheriff official said the deputy who accidentally shot himself Monday night is recovering from surgery at a Boston hospital.
Stephen Rowe, who has been a full-time Carroll County Sheriff deputy for about a year, remained at Massachusetts General Hospital Wednesday with non-life threatening injuries, said Lt. Michael Santuccio.
New Hampshire State Police are investigating Rowe's injury as well as a related gunshot injury at a Huckins Road in Freedom location Monday night.
Rowe “suffered an injury to his lower leg and foot when his weapon unintentionally discharged at the scene,” State Police said in a release issued Tuesday morning.
Rowe and officers with state police, Madison and Ossipee police departments were investigating a gunshot wound to another man's leg about 8:10 p.m. Monday.
Joseph Wright, 38, of Parsonsfield, Maine, was charged with falsifying physical evidence, hindering apprehension and resisting arrest. Police said Wright “had been present during the alleged shooting.”
State police have not released the name of the other shooting victim, and Santuccio directed questions about the investigation to State Police.
State Police are searching for a white man and white woman they said were at the scene of the shooting. Anyone with information is asked to call State Police at 223-8838.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- City police schedule community meeting - 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester woman suffers injuries in dragging incident - 0
- Judge orders fired Manchester officer back to jail to finish sentence - 4
- Claremont police dispatcher charged with sex assault and incest, placed on leave - 0
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges in Hollis - 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Youngsters eye NHMS - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 1
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release
Ayotte calls again for FCC reform